I like the “This Not That” way of looking at things.
It draws a line in the sand and helps with the psychology of decision.
Here are few “This Not That” examples that can improve your life.
– Movement NOT Sedentarism
– “We” NOT “I”
– What can I do for you? NOT What can you do for me?
– Calm and Cool NOT Stressed and Anxious
– Do My Best NOT Do Just Enough
– Whole Foods NOT Processed Foods
– Minimum Effective Dose NOT Doing for the Sake of Doing
– Courage NOT Cowardice
– Patience NOT Impatience
– The Right Thing NOT The Thing That Makes Me Right
– Accept NOT Hate
– Mental Models NOT Facts and Knowledge
– Kind NOT Rude
– Bold NOT Meek
These are a handful of mental lenses that help guide my choices.
What are yours?
Brett “This Not That” Denton