What’s more important…
A. Planning for and thinking about the championship
B. Planning for and thinking about the next game
There is no answer C in this scenario as that would make the question too simple and prevent you from having to think.
Let’s dissect answer A. (Championship focus)
– Provides a structure that allows for and demands patience.
– Prevents getting lost in the weeds.
– Focused mindset on the ultimate goal.
– Diverts focus from here and now.
– Allows for small yet important things to fall through the cracks.
– Allows for complacency and no immediate wins
– Saps motivation without repaying it
Now, let’s look at answer B. (Next Game Focus)
– Focus like a laser on the next step
– Immediate feedback and wins
– Motivation can stay high
– Fends off complacency
– Lose track of the ultimate goal
– Leads to burnout
– Leads to impatience
This is not an exhaustive list of positives and pitfalls yet it gives us a good look at the differences.
So, what’s the best answer A or B?
Send me a reply with your answer and why.
Brett “Short or Long Game” Denton